In order to complete the application process, you will need to provide your immunization record (pdf format) and other important information.
Please note: Your User ID (email) and Password you create will be needed for future use.
New User Details
E-mail address (verify)
1. Upload your Immunization Record
Volunteers are required to submit their Immunization Record for approval to the Occupational Health Department at CHOP.
You will not be able to submit your application without attaching your completed immunization records.
The CHOP Volunteer Immunization Form can be downloaded at: www.chop.edu/volunteer
Please attach your Immunization record in PDF file format only.
2. Personal Information
Date of Birth (Ex: 01/10/1950)
3. Emergency Contact Information
Are you a CHOP employee or CHOP co-op student?
I am not a CHOP employee or co-op student.
I am a CHOP employee.
I am a CHOP co-op student.
4. Commitment Agreement
Please carefully read the statements below and select your response.
I attest that I have a 3 hour (minimum) block of time that I am able to volunteer with The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia on a weekly basis.
I attest that I have carefully reviewed my schedule and that I can commit to volunteering with CHOP for a minimum time of 3 months.
I attest that I treat my volunteer committments with the same respect as my work/school obligations.
I attest that I am comfortable making repeated trips to complete interviews (if applicable) and/ or orientations and understand the process to Volunteer may take 4-6 weeks to complete.
I attest that I understand my volunteer hours will not satisfy or complete clinical hours for school, work, or licensure purposes.
5. Application Questions
Please complete all questions.
Are you comfortable with seeing or interacting with children who may be in pain or have a terminal illness ?
I would prefer not to work directly with patients but still wish to volunteer
Are you able to walk around, stand, and bend for a 3 hour shift?
Are you able to push/pull a cart with coffee and juice ?
Are you comfortable preparing, serving, and cleaning items that contain hot water?
Do you have any customer service background?
If yes, please explain.
Are you comfortable working with other Volunteers in groups of two or more?
Do you need your volunteer service to fulfill your school-required/recommended practicum, internship, or externship?
What is your employment status?
Employed Part time
Employed Full time
Currently Job Searching
Do you need to volunteer in order to fulfill a court-ordered community service requirement?
Volunteering opportunities at CHOP allow volunteers to work weekly shifts on the same day and time.
For example: every Tuesday from 9am to 12pm for your entire volunteer experience.
Please select your weekday(s) availability: (Check all that apply)
What shift time(s) interest you?
9am - 12pm
1pm - 4pm
5pm - 8pm
11am - 2pm
If you selected multiple days and/ or times to volunteer, please BRIEFLY explain your availability below:(i.e. Monday: 12pm-3pm and 3pm-6pm; Wednesday: 12pm-3pm only)
Do you speak or read any language(s) other than English?
Are you skilled and/or licensed in any of the following areas?
Early Childhood Education
Are you willing to consider a different volunteer opportunity if you are not selected for the program you chose?
Are you willing to be a Mentor to another volunteer with a developmental or intellectual disability during your volunteer shift? This individual would shadow you during occasional shifts, and they would work alongside you.
Are you interested in supporting Special Events at CHOP?
CHOP is committed to having a diverse volunteer population that is inclusive of all persons with different abilities.
Do you have any specific challenges or limitations that you wish to disclose? Please share below.
How did you hear about the Volunteer Services Department at CHOP?
A CHOP Volunteer Referred Me
A CHOP Employee Referred Me
6. Electronic Signature
By submitting this application, you confirm that you understand and agree to the following:
1. The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer seeking qualified volunteer candidates regardless of race, religion, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, gender preference, mental or physical handicap, or veteran's status, in conformity with applicable laws.
2. This application is active for six months. If you have not been selected within six months and wish to remain in consideration for a volunteer position, you must reapply.
3. The information provided on this application is true and complete to the best of your knowledge, and agree that falsified information or significant omissions may disqualify you from further consideration for volunteering and, if you are accepted to be a volunteer, will result in your dismissal when discovered. You authorize the hospital to investigate all statements contained in this application and to make inquiries of your personal references and/or background checks.
4. If accepted as a volunteer, you will be required to abide by all the policies, rules and regulations of The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
5. The submission of your immunization record and application does not guarantee acceptance to the Wawa CHOP Volunteer Services Program.
Please enter your electronic signature (Full Name) below acknowledging the statements in Section 6 of this application.
Once you submit the application and immunization records, they will be reviewed by the Wawa CHOP Volunteer Services Department. If you meet the program requirements, you will be contacted within 10 days of submission with next steps in the recruitment process.